While in Louisiana I took the kids to their first Mardi Gras parade. Last year they went to a St Patrick's Day parade but this was a little different. We went to the parade in Covington on a Saturday night. We had a very long wait for the parade with tons of small kids but there was just enough adult entertainment, puddles, and snacks to keep them busy.
Here is Mimi playing her Mardi Gras tunes for everyone.
Kayden playing peek a boo.
Abigail, Kendal, and Luke jumping over puddles.
More puddle jumping.
Luke found a cookie.
Kayden found one too.
So did Kendal
Thanks to Grammy Sue everyone got a cookie!
Kayden absolutely loved the parade. He would hold his hand up and wave. I was a little apprehensive about bringing him since it would be past his bedtime. He did awesome. I can't wait to bring the kids again. 
Shelley and Shaun
Mr. Brian and the girls.
Kendal loves all the princesses riding in the convertables.

As you can tell I loved it too. I thought I would not like to stand on the back of the ladder with the kids, but the next thing I knew the parade was over and I was up there the whole time. Thanks to the Spreens there were two ladders out there for the kids to sit in.

Kelly and Amanda. Amanda was such a trooper to go to the parade pregnant.
Kelly and Amanda. Amanda was such a trooper to go to the parade pregnant.



No comments:
Post a Comment