Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Confessions of a Picky Eater

I am an extremely picky eater and have been for years. I knew that I did not want my kids be as picky as me. Along with being a picky eater I have been blessed with Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder. ADHD leads to boredom quickly. Therefore I get bored with food often. I have been trying to eat healthy and find new ways to eat healthy foods that I like, but the kids will also eat. This has been a difficult challenge with little signs of hope that they will make the right choices. But the strangest things have been happening lately with food choices and our kids. Kendal asked for a PBJ sandwich and peaches for lunch. I made myself a spinach tortilla rollup. While we were sitting down eating BOTH of them wanted my spinach rollup and NOT their sandwich. I ended up making them a spinach rollup. Then for snack she asked for vegtables. I am just in utter shock that a 3 year old would ask for spinach and vegtables.

1 comment:

NIKKI said...

WOW can they teach my kids???