Thursday, January 10, 2008

Kings Breakfast

This past weekend I took the kids to the Kings Breakfast at our church. The men's group (I think their wives) cooked pancakes, bacon, eggs, and fruit salad for the kids. Then they went and listened to the story of the three wiseman bringing the three gifts to baby Jesus. Each child made a crown and a lantern, put on a cape, and the followed the stars hung around the church to look for Jesus. It was so cute to see the kids having such a good time and learning good stories. Kendal loved a few of the older boys (age 5) and Mr Man just loved running around. I must say he actually did make a crown and enjoyed putting his decorations on it. He sure loved the food!
Buttering up to get a crown.




The kids thanking the kings!
The three kings!

The only kid not in the picture!

4 comments:

NIKKI said...

Looks like soo much fun! What an AWESOME way to teach them about the three kings!!

Erik, Amy, Eliza, Esther & Eden said...

The kids are so cute! With Mardi Gras coming up, I was thinking about the time that you had the king cake sent to work. It was so good! We still need to get together sometime soon....

Andi said...

What a neat thing for them to experience. Looks like they had lots of fun. They are too cute and are growing up soo fast!

Anonymous said...

Finally got to your blog! great pictures of the little people!

Dee