Ross always invites to go to out of town swim meets with him. he has been practically begging me to attend the one he goes to every summer in Grand Junction, CO. Well this year I decided we would go. Unfortunately I could not leave until Friday and Ross left early Thursday. My only option was to drive with the two kids by myself. The drive was a little over 300 miles from our house to the hotel. Grand Junction is in the Western part of Colorado. I knew this was going to be the longest car ride the kids have ever taken, the longest I have been alone in the car with them, but also the longest I have ever driven by myself (without in other adult). Well folks we made it to Grand Junction in one piece. The highlight of the drive was passing through 6 tunnels. Kendal loved holding her breath through them. It was truly a beautiful drive and the kids did amazing. I hope the trip back goes as smooth.
Last night the kids were SUPER FIRED UP after visiting with everyone at the swim meet and then getting into our hotel room. This was the first time for them to sleep in a bed together and for Kayden to sleep in a regular bed. Here are a few pictures of the action going down before bed.




Last night the kids were SUPER FIRED UP after visiting with everyone at the swim meet and then getting into our hotel room. This was the first time for them to sleep in a bed together and for Kayden to sleep in a regular bed. Here are a few pictures of the action going down before bed.






No comments:
Post a Comment